Mini pizza bites sounded good for dinner and a big salad to go with on a busy day with no plan yet for dinner. I found a recipe using “wraps”, but the picture clearly shows a tortilla so I was a little confused as our stores sell wraps as well. I wasn’t going out for wraps when I already had tortillas stashed in the fridge so I got everything ready and I was pretty excited to try something new for me in the world of pizza.
All in all a good recipe that I will have to improve on as a few of mine were not as crispy as I wanted them to be, either cut back on the amount of sauce or bake a little longer… I’ll get back to you on that as I will make them again.
I had some frozen pizza sauce already made and I gave it a little boost of flavor by adding the Italian seasoning as suggested and the grated parm. I think the recipe is from Taste of Home, not sure.
- 3-4 large flour tortillas, using a 3-4 inch cookie cutter, cut 12 circles to fit into a greased regular muffin pan
- 16 ounces homemade or canned pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 pieces pepperoni cut into pieces for each “pizza” and some for munching
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, add to sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Ground red pepper flakes to taste.
I had little sausage pieces in the sauce, but you can add cooked crumbled sausage.
Grease a regular muffin pan and tuck the tortilla circles in, add about a 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce to each tortilla circle, add cheese to each and top with pepperoni pieces and bake for 12-15 minutes, cool in pan.