Some guy just asked me if my dog was a pomegranate. I said “Umm no that would be a fruit”. Chanel Dudley
A few simple ingredients turn a pork tenderloin into a fast and fabulous dish slightly adapted from Jacques Pepin ~ More Fast Food My Way. While I have his book, there is a wonderful site with videos worth looking at if you would like a mini cooking lesson, thank you Jacques.
I served a side of fresh sugar snap peas, blanched or steamed briefly, seasoned with salt and pepper then sautéed in a little butter. I have finally used the steam option for the microwave so I steamed the peas before sautéing.
- 1 large pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, homemade, or low-salt canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup small green seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries ( had both plus dried pomegrante infused cranberries)
- 1/4 cup shredded arugula (also suggests freshly chopped chives or parsley)
Trim the pork tenderloin of most of the fat and silverskin and cut it crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions.
Preheat the oven to its lowest setting. Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy skillet. Sprinkle the medallions with the salt and pepper. Arrange the medallions in a single layer in the skillet and cook them over high heat for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until lightly pink inside. Transfer the medallions to a plate and keep warm in the oven.
Add the pomegranate juice and chicken stock to the skillet, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the ketchup, grapes, and cherries or cranberries and mix well. Boil for about 1 minute, or until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
Arrange the medallions on four warm plates, coat with the sauce and grapes, and sprinkle with the shredded arugula. Serve.
Favorite products of the day 1 cup recipe ready chicken broth and Craisins brand dried fruit, Craisins original, dried cranberries and pomegranate juice infused cranberries.