Pineapple, Papaya & Mango Salsa
By KauaiCarolAnn on March 07, 2008
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, ripe, small dice
- 1 1/2 cups papayas, ripe, small dice ( fresh from tree in HI)
- 1 1/2 cups mangoes, ripe, small dice ( fresh from tree in HI)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, crushed ( the prepared kind from jar works)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, crushed ( the prepared kind from jar works)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, very fine chop
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, well chopped, stay away from the stems
- 5 dashes Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 ounce jalapeno juice ( liquid from jarred jalapenos)
- 6 slices jalapenos, very fine chop ( from above jar, SLICES, not whole!)
- All the work is in dicing the fruit.
- One whole pineapple is around 2 1/2 cups, 2 medium papaya and 2 medium mangoes are around 2 cups per each fruit to give you a hint about how much to get.
- Combine everything and stir very, very gently.
- Chill for at least 6 hours.
- Keeps in fridge for 4-5 days.